Re: [tlug] Newbie: Kubuntu Configuration: Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)Released

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 00:04 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> So, there's your looooooooooooooong answer.  The biggest factors in
> its
> popularity are probably the publicity that it gets, deservedly so, the
> fact that it's on one CD, (I left out SuSE earlier--like Fedora, they
> don't have a single CD, though Fedora now has a single live CD which
> will also install.)

Duh, missed this part in my last reply. I see you did mention the
LiveCD after all. I must go to my ex's place to get my reading glasses!

I've heard complaints that the LiveCD misses out on some things. I
think OpenOffice is not included and has to be installed later. Instead
it has Abiword. No idea if that will change in Fedora 8.

Wayne