Re: [tlug] mounting LCD displays

On 10/17/07, Conor McTernan <conormcternan@example.com> wrote:
> Another question I have is how should I go about driving these
> displays. We will be installing 3 of them in 3 different locations.
> The idea at the moment is to view the images over the web, and stick
> Firefox in kiosk mode and have it refresh itself every 10 or 15
> minutes. I'm wondering if I should stick a computer on each display or
> is there any other way I can get the images on there?

You can buy devices that will allow you to "extend" your video over
the network [1]. You can get basic stuff that does video only all the
way up to expensive kit that allows you to use keyboard,mouse,audio
and video over a network connection (think KVM with really long
reach). Price will vary accordingly.

If it is the same content you want displayed on each monitor then you
might try googling with keywords like VGA/DVI, splitter, over TCP, and
so on.

Regards, Keith

[1] http://www.zantech.com.au/avocent/ecms2000u.html   Sorry I cannot
find the URLs for the stuff we looked at using here.