Re: [tlug] xen and windows

On Monday 15 October 2007 01:46, Wayne wrote:
>Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll throw this one into the ring:
>http://www.virtualbox.org/

I was thinking of mentioning Virtual Box. It comes in both a fully open
source as well as a commercialized distribution. The commercial version
has a small number of extra features and i think is free (as in beer)
for home users. I'm using it at home and it seems almost identical to
VMWare Workstation. I also have a VMWare WS license, but i don't think
i'll be using it anymore since Virtual Box works just as well for my
needs and is more open. I also like Virtual Box' documentation better
than VMWare's.

Also, i noticed not long ago that the open source version was added to
the Debian unstable repository. So if you run Debian and don't need the
extra features in the commercial version, it is just an apt-get away.

Sorry; i don't mean to sound like a paid advertisement, but i recently
discovered Virtual Box and have found it to be quite useful.