Re: [tlug] xen and windows

Mike Mazur wrote:
> I guess what I understood from Xen is that you configure how much
> memory your dom0 instance uses.

Well, you can do, by setting dom0_mem on the boot command line. I don't,
I just let it work it out automatically.

> If your intention is to run other VMs
> alongside your dom0, you cannot allocate all your RAM to the dom0
> instance. This means that even if no other doms are running, your dom0
> will not use all the currently available memory.

Be aware that you can dynamically reallocate RAM between VMs. You *can*
start by allocating everything to dom0, then slicing off a bunch of
memory and allocating it to your VMs.

There are other advantages to this - I've had the dom0 run out of memory
and become inaccessible, but all the other VMs worked just fine...

--
When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.
    -- Steve Haflich, comp.lang.c++