RE: [tlug] Vendor lock-in vs monopoly

<snip RMS sees things weird>

> For example (and simplifying wildly here):
>
>      1. "You can do anything you want with this software."
>
>      2. "If you embed so much as one line of this software in your own
>      program, you must give away the entire source of your program to
>      anybody who asks for it."
>
> According to RMS, the software and users thereof in situation
> 1 are not "free", but the software and users in situation 2
> are "free."

I am contemplating some ideas for projects,
but at this time am seriously considering
the BSD License. (Basically Statement 1 with
the stipulation that you give credit).

The users will be free to do whatever they
want with the code, as long as they don't blame
me for any parts I didn't break. :P

It is a safe bet though, that any code that I
put out in the next year or so will probably
have pleanty of broken parts. :-) hehehe.

--
Ken