[tlug] troubleshooting session timeout in apache / roundcube

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with Roundcube (PHP/Ajax web based email client).
When composing a mail, after around two minutes of inactivity it gives
an error "your session is invalid or expired" and kicks the user out, so
they lose what they were working on and have to re-authenticate. I have
tried a couple of things to try and resolve this, for example in
httpd.conf setting KeepAlive On, and changing Timeout default to 600
seconds, etc. Also, in the somewhat cryptic main.inc.php configuration
file for roundcube I've altered this:

 // session lifetime in minutes
$rcmail_config['session_lifetime'] = 60;

thinking 60 minutes would be sufficient, but the problem persists. I've
googled around a bit but haven't been able to find any solution.

Any thoughts or tips on where I should be looking? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo