Re: [tlug] web search software

Hi,

Brett Robson wrote:
Darren Cook wrote:
It indexes the files on the local filesystem, rather than going through
http. (So, not so useful for dynamic pages.)

You've just answered a question I hadn't even thought of. We are going to include a section that is in fact dynamic and I had just assumed we wouldn't index it. But if I use a system that goes through http that would include the dynamic section.

If we need to index the dynamic pages, then we have an option to copy the contents by "wget" onto the local machine and index them.

Just for 2c.
---Shin.
--
== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======