[tlug] Re: Gotta Learn Vi: Not So Basic Stuff

steven smith wrote:

> Um WARNING -- this may be more than you want to know.
> The 25 or so basic vi commands are toward the bottom.
> They  should work on any vi anywhere.
> I didn't intend to write this much.

I can bottom that!

This is funny. I knew that when I wrote about an (almost) barest
minimum of commands, that it would be impossible for others to
_not_ add other commands or redocument the wheel.

For basic information _about_ vi:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim_(text_editor)

After that, for tutorials:

   http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=vi+tutorial
   http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=vim+tutorial

After that, read the manuals:

   http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

Then just to troll:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor_war

Of course, the one true editor is emacs,
but one must still know how to use vi.

Stephen, did I miss anything?

Jim