Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming 'root' in Kubuntu

On 25/08/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> "sudo su -" is overall a bit meeningless to me it would seem. ^^;;
> And for most purposes, su is not realy needed, though it is useful. :P

Except when sudo is set up to use your password and you do not know
the root one...

"sudo su - burlingk -c /bin/bash" seems a little less useless, right?
Presuming, of course, that I don't know your password. [1]

Cheers,
Josh

[1] "swordfish" is not the world's most 53XuR3 password, Ken. ;)