[tlug] Free softbank keitais

a.errington@example.com wrote:
> access.  I arrived two weeks ago, and I now have a keitai (Softbank
> 707SCII, the free one)

Either your gaijin card came through pretty fast or you found a
less-than-scrupulous Softbank outlet. Actually, I guess that covers most
of them. I got the 705SH and seriously regret it. If I had been quick
enough, I would have taken it back during the statutory 1 week contract
cooling-off period and gotten the smartphone. My poor thing doesn't even
support Bluetooth syncing properly.

And - although this is verging into keitai-l territory - the locked-down
nature of the Java platform is driving me mad. Anyone know if there's
any possibility of turning an ordinary .jar/.jad pair into a set of .huf
files as the platform requires? I know it's something to do with signing
the app, but at the same time it does seem like there's a load of
third-party apps, so it's got to be something you can do yourself.