Re: [tlug] copyright and theft [was: unicode font with czech ...]

On 16/08/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> And for those systems that don't ask you to agree to the EULA
> at startup, there is the wonderful clause in the manual that
> states that by using the software, you agree to the terms of
> the EULA.

What if you boot off a LiveCD, grab the fonts you want, then shut
down. You have never "used" Windows, just your hard drive.

> They really do handle all the grey areas.

I don't think so, see above.

I agree with Stephen; this *feels* wrong, even if you paid for
Windows, but I would not call it stealing, exactly.

--
Cheers,
Josh