Re: [tlug] Re: UIM and KDE

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

In Debian Lenny at least, the UIM package has not been working for over
a month now due to dependency problems. Lucky thing that I have Emacs.

Jsut to confirm: is that a KDE package you are talking of here (According to subject line)? I am happy to say that at least in sid/unstable, UIM works perfectly under GNOME.

I haven't tried it in sid. Currently, in testing/lenny, this is what happens:

   dim5150:/home/chuck# apt-get install uim
   Reading package lists... Done
   Building dependency tree
   Reading state information... Done
   or been moved out of Incoming.

   Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely
   likely that
   that package should be filed.

   uim: Depends: uim-gtk2.0 but it is not going to be installed
   E: Broken packages
   dim5150:/home/chuck#

The fact that uim is working in sid is encouraging. Perhaps this dependency problem will soon be corrected.

Chuck

-- -------------------

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University