[tlug] Jisho.org for keitai

Evenin'

I have just svn up'd on the jisho.org server to enable the keitai
version of Denshi Jisho - accessible from <jisho.org> or
<k.jisho.org>.

Some of you got an Exclusive Preview (meaning it was buggy and feature
incomplete) earlier this week, but it should now be ready for mass
consumption.

As I have only tested it on my keitai (AU Kyocera W42K) I have no idea
how it looks or works on other models. So I'd be very greatful (and
beer giving!) if some of you could test it on your phones and tell me
if anything looks odd or wrong. Other suggestions are also welcome,
escpecially on the page layout, as I'm not sure what people expect
from keitai pages.

The main thing missing from the keitai verison is kanji by radical
search and the ability to search for kanji by dictionary codes,
otherwise it should behave in large as the main site. I'll be thinking
about how to make a keitai version of the radical search later,
probably doing something similar to 部品/部分 search on normal
denshijisho's.

I also have some questions about sensible keitai web design.

1) I currently use HTTP::MobileAgent[1] to automatically switch to the
keitai version whenever a phone accesses http://jisho.org/.
www.jisho.org always points to the main site, and k.jisho.org always
to the keitai version. Is this a sane layout? Is there some standard
URL convention that I should be aware about?

2) When writing the HTML I used DoCoMo's i-mode guide[2] as a starting
point. But it would also be helpful to look at how other, larger
sites, have done their pages. However, the one's I have tried
(admittedly only amazon.co.jp (very disappointed here Josh ;) and
mobile.ezweb.jp) does not allow normal browser access, even when
setting the UserAgent to that of my phone. Is there an easy way to do
this?

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~kurihara/HTTP-MobileAgent-0.26/lib/HTTP/MobileAgent.pm
[2] http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/service/imode/make/content/html/index.html

Cheers!