RE: [tlug] No more Gentoo

Looks to me like he is kicking himself in the rear for not
having done more.  He wishes the organization could keep
going on their own, but feels that things are on a downward
spiral, and this is a way out of the spin without letting the
organization fall apart all together.

Basically, someone else is going to handle the purse strings
for a while, and the developers can keep being developers.

:P  People in response made mention of responding more to
the whims of cantankerous developers than to users.  I would
have to say though, that A) That tends to be Gentoos primary
audience most of the time anyway, and B) traditionaly, most
open source software has always been created to meet some
need or desire of the developers.  "I need a better text
editor, this one sucks," or "This bug is annoying the hell
out of me, I gotta fix it real quick."

Yes, it is nice when they give to the community.  Sharing is
a very good thing.  :-)  However, if they make the changes
that suit their needs, then it is only expected. ^_^

--
Ken