Re: mixing languages (was: [tlug] austart.sh for Openbox in Ubuntu)

> > I started learning Greek through the medium of Japanese but stopped
> > when I found myself conjugating the ends of Japanese verbs.

A German friend of mine here in the US, who had lived in Japan for a
while and has a Japanese wife, though he never mastered the language
very much or well, in a situation where he was trying very hard to speak
Japanese and keep up with some of the other gaijin husbands such as
yours truly, once produced the word "dekieren" ("dekiru" with German
inflection).

I just let it slide - I don't think he ever noticed that he had
said it :-)

Dave