Re: [tlug] Re: Suggestions for splitting of mails?

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:22:07AM +0900, CL wrote:
>
>> Josh Glover wrote:

>>> Well, there is what subject means, and what it has come to mean. Like
>>> it or not, correct or not, I'd say the vast majority of people, like
>>> Gmail, use subject for lite threading.
>>>
>> I think that subject modifiers are an expert solution to a primarily amateur
>> problem.
>>

> Nice turn of phrase.  I think that asking people to put in IME, etc.
> etc., is a bit much.  C&C is useful of course, especially as I have a
> cat who often naps on my lap while I type.

The basic idea came about to resolve what is a real problem.  Lot of
tlugger with the most experience also have the least amount of spare
time.  If we won't such people to share there wisdom we need to make it
easier for them to casually skim or even filter whats posted.  The
alternative is letting them give TLUG a pass until they happen to be in
town.

> I think that the majority of tluggers can and do, make enough of a
> determination from the subject line.  For example, scim not working
> [IME] is redundant.  For example, scim not working [IME] is redundant.
> :)

so instead you have

[SCIM] not working

Edward