Re: [tlug] Mac OS 9.x and CUPS Network Laser Printer suggestions

> I need an inexpensive home laser network printer to use with Linux
> (presumably CUPS) and Mac OS 9.x. (My wife's LaserWriter 320 finally
> died.) Any suggestions?
>
> I see that the Brother 2070N claims to have drivers for those two
> systems and goes for about us125 (in the US). Any experience using it at
> the same time with OS 9.x and Linux?

I've been using Brother HL-2040 for 2-3 months now (see the tlug thread
from around then) and like it. It is noisy while printing, but quick, so
from power-up, to printing a few sheets, to switch off again, is about a
minute. I use it connected to my local machine, using CUPS; I never got
time to work out how to get it working over the network, but I don't
think the printer is to blame.

Darren