Re: [tlug] Supporting Linux

On 8/4/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  > Supporting Linux On-Line
>
> Uh, we do.

The way you promote Macintosh over Linux, say that Microsoft
undercharges, that Microsoft is free, etc., it's not always clear
whether you are a Linux supporter or a Linux detractor.

> ....this is one of the best LUGs in the world for maintianing high
> levels of interest and for getting help on technical problems.

Indeed it is.  I was not criticizing the entire group, just you and
Curt, basically.

>  > Taking a tip from Microsoft, which has been wildly successful from
>  > a financial and propagation standpoint, the image pumped into the
>  > wires is no laughing matter.
>
> It will be if what the viewer sees is a bunch of legally blonde fanboys.

Sometimes it looks like you're a Microsoft fanboy....

>  > We don't need to help them.  We shouldn't help them.

> So why are you helping them by proposing that we adopt their one-sided
> marketing methods

I'm not.  I'm just saying that saying sophistic nonsense like
Microsoft undercharges and Microsoft is free is DUD (Disinformation,
Uncertainty & Doubt).

>  > Support Linux!
>
> I am not a neural synapse that implements a reflex.  I actually prefer
> to think about what I support.

Which is... Microsoft and Macintosh?

> But I have a strong aversion to your implicit
> claim that I, and those who advocate positions like mine, are ignorant
> of simple facts, incapable of doing simple calculations correctly, and
> not supportive of Linux, along with all other open source software.

You're the one who supported the claim that Microsoft is free.  It isn't.

> Please cut it out.

Okay, I'll try.  I wish you wouldn't say ridiculous things like
Microsoft is free though.....

Lyle