[tlug] Fixing cperl-mode

Josh Glover writes:

 > Can anyone (Steve? Dave Brown?) give me a few pointers on how to get
 > started? Specifically, I want to be able to see what cperl-mode is
 > doing when I hit the TAB key to indent a line, so I can see why it has
 > a different idea of where the line goes than I do.

In a perl buffer, `C-h k TAB' to find out what the function is called
and get its docstring.

`M-x find-function RET foo RET' to find the source of `foo'.

`M-x debug-on-entry RET foo RET' to set a breakpoint on foo.

`C-h i d m lispref RET m debugger RET' for information on the Q&D
debugger.  (Actually, it's more like a monitor or magic SysReq than a
real debugger.)

`C-h i d m lispref RET m edebug RET' for information on a real
debugger (which does, however require some extra setup).  And OK, it's
just a wannabe debugger, but then Lisp is such a brilliantly
transparent language that you won't need the full and immensely
baroque and brain-damaged complexity of g.d.b.