RE: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

I am afraid that I have to agree.
I don't have any realdevelopment experience YET, but I have end user experience.

I have on a number of occasions been frustrated by a package
that was not compatible with a newer version of a library, and
it was hell tracking down the older version.  :P  X11 is the
best example I think.

All it takes is for one set of developers to change directions
and everyone else suddenly has to choose between using what works
with their app as it currently stands, or doing a virtual rewrite
in order to bennefit from the new features of a newer version of
the library in question.

I am not saying that monolythic code blocks are the way
to go.  I am simply saying that splitting everything into
blocks and divying the blocks out is not the "Easy Way,"
or even the "Better Way" in all cases. ^^;

--
Ken