Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

On 31/07/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

I'm not sure. I'll agree with your statement, but with the caveat that
it almost invariably can't be done for political reasons:

Political reasons are no less real that technical ones. Just ask George Dubya Bush. :(

Sure. But this is why large companies have smaller companies develop a lot of the good stuff, and just buy them later. They often just can't do it themselves due to their own politics.

I am an engineer, and I don't want to read your code before reading
some prose that tells me what problem you solved and how you did it,
roughly.

And you think of that as a spec, and would be happy to implement from, "how I did it, roughly?" For me, that would be an artifact I'd produce from the specification for pedogogical purposes.

Reading code is hard....

Here's my whole point: it doesn't have to be. If reading the code is difficult, fix the code.

cjs