Re: [tlug] Computer vision / tracking software

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 06:14:17PM +0900, Jedidiah Israel wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience with computer vision? Can anyone

    Some.

> software that can track moving objects? Linux based software
> preferably. Thanks in advance.

    What type of software?  If you're talking about pre-canned software
where you can just set a few options and have it work the options are
very few and I haven't looked at them much.

    But if you're willing to get your hands a little dirty with some
programming you should seriously take a look at the OpenCV library [1]
which is a cross platform library that has many pre-bundled computer
vision algorithms available to hook together into your future robot project
that will rule the planet.

    Note, if you don't have any image processing or computer vision
background at all it might be worth picking up a textbook to help
explain some of the algorithms as the API won't tell you a lot.

Alain

[1] http://opencvlibrary.sourceforge.net/