Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

I must admit something.  I had only seen a small part of Dave's
article when I started foaming at the mouth about the assertion that
my favorite company MS is giving their products away for free.

I have now gone through the whole article.  I still stand by my
assertions that the cost of bundled Windows in a new computer is not
free, but I also see why comments were made about the cost issue.  The
figure $200 comes up a bit often!  That said, if you are a used
computer buyer like myself, that figure is accurate enough!

Some comments in the form of titles:

"Free for Free vs. Expensive for Free"

Getting something expensive for free is a thrill basically.  Free for
free is boring.  Human nature.

"Time is not Free"

The time wasted on playing with MS is time people could be spending on
something more constructive, like using Linux or just living their
lives.

"Morality"

Microsoft is an immoral company.  People should realize that computer
users have the power, as a group, to shun an immoral company and
support more honest and constructive (Linux) alternatives.

Those comments out of the way.  I would say I like your article Dave.
One suggestion that I hesitate to make, but will go ahead as it struck
me a few times - is that I think you qualify things too much.  Just
say what you're saying, and don't explain interior thinking about why
you're saying it as much?  I don't know.  I think it's good and I
think it should be out there on the wires man, so get it published!

Lyle