[tlug] line-breaking in Japanese with '(' and ')'?

Hi all,

On the dev-l10n list there is a discussion about how to do
line-breaking in Japanese with '(' and ')' characters. I haven't seen
any rules for those characters particularly, does anyone know if they
count as punctuation in the same way as the Japanese full-stop and
comma?

Or alternatively, any documentation on this, I am at a loss as what
exactly to search for in Japanese here.

Regards,
  Gernot
--