Sony Lovefest . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] Linux / MacOS X and dvcameras)

On 7/21/2007, "jep200404" <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

>Also remember their DRM/rootkit fun in 2005:
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal

I think that's pretty much why everyone hates them :) I have two Sony
video cameras (one uses mini-DVDs, the other is the type that has been
under discussion in this thread), and like them very much. But, if I
were shopping for another one, I might have to punish them for the root
kit incident (yes, both of my cameras date from before that incident).

I seem to recall reading that Sony is suing the company that wrote that
software?

Jonathan