Re: [tlug] From postgresql to some kind of graph...

"Pietro Zuco" <drzuco@example.com> writes:
> I can query postgresql to have info about the tables and keys but what
> I want is something like doxygen ( www.doxygen.org ) for postgresql.
> Some tool that from the database dump or connecting to it, draws some
> king of graph to understand visually the database structure.

This will output visual representations of schemas, among other things.

http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/

>From the website:
        SQL::Translator is a group of Perl modules that manipulate
        structured data definitions (mostly database schemas) in
        interesting ways, such as converting among different dialects of
        CREATE syntax (e.g., MySQL-to-Oracle), visualizations of schemas
        (pseudo-ER diagrams: GraphViz or GD), automatic code generation
        (using Class::DBI), converting non-RDBMS files to SQL schemas
        (xSV text files, Excel spreadsheets), serializing parsed schemas
        (via Storable, YAML and XML), creating documentation (HTML and
        POD), and more. New to version 0.03 is the ability to talk
        directly to a database through DBI to query for the structures
        of several databases.

--
//Dave