Re: [tlug] Translation

On 18/07/07, Nguyen Vu Hung <vu-hung@example.com> wrote:

1. Is there any legal problem if I am going to translate
"When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth" into Vietnamese ?
I couldn't find any legal notes on its website

No problem whatsoever, cf.

http://craphound.com/?p=1678#more-1678

Copyright notice, all the way at the bottom:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/1.0/

( http://baens-universe.com/articles/When_Sysadmins_Ruled_the_Earth )

This is not the author's site, that is why the copyright is not stated. In general, all fiction that Corey Doctorow writes is covered by the CC by-nd-nc/1.0 license.

2. Can I use Tlug wiki for this work?

Yes, please do! I will be happy to help you clarify the text (in Japanese, I suspect), and I would love to get a parallel effort to translate it into Japanese, German, French, and other languages spoken by TLUG!

3. How can I do 2. ( Sorry if it is a FAQ )

This is not a FAQ, but there *is* a FAQ:

http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/TlugWiki:EditHOWTO

In short:

1. Register an account here: http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/
2. Wait until after my lunch break, at which time I will add you to
the TLUG group
3. Add to this node:
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Translations:When_Sysadmins_Ruled_the_Earth

--