Re: [tlug] Tip of the Day: "ghosting" a machine with nc and dd

On 17/07/07, Birkir A. Barkarson <birkirb@example.com> wrote:

> http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Linux_Help:Tip_of_the_Day:Cloning_a_machine_with_nc_and_dd

Remember this one from the meeting, thought it was pretty cool.
Thumbs up on this one (^.^)b

Thanks, and you just reminded me of something from the meeting:

Travis advised running:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda

on the target host before starting. I have updated the wiki to include
that tip. He also suggested using bz2 or gzip if the network is the
bottleneck. Travis, care to add that to the wiki as a note?

--
Cheers,
Josh