[tlug] scim-panel-gtk segfault

Shawn writes:

 > scim-1.4.4-39.el5.x86_64
 > scim-bridge-gtk-0.4.5-7.el5.i386

Since you evidently have a 64-bit system, I kinda wonder what this is
for.  Try removing it (maybe with whatever the dryrun switch is to see
if it will complain about dependencies).  I doubt this will help, but
it's unclean-looking.

 > 1) figure out how to stop the segfault especially since sometimes the
 > scim panel won't appear after a reboot (and requires another reboot to
 > appear again).

(1) Upgrade scim.  (2) Remove scim.  This is an internal bug, the only
way to get rid of it is to throw out the baby, too.  Sorry.

Since FC already has (what is very likely) a fix, bitch to Centos and
get them to upgrade, if you're not willing to try the FC package.

 > 2) see if the scim segfault was indeed causing the trouble with X
 > starting and if not, figure out why the lock is not being removed.

Find your X log and see what it says.  The scim segfault probably
shouldn't be able to take X down, so you do have a worry about another
bug in X.