Re: [tlug] [SOLVED] Unix tool to monitor files for changes

On 13/07/07, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:

aaah! then why not trying to inject a couple of lines of code into the
wiki?

Because the wiki is deployed in a package that I do not own.

Welcome to the realities of life in a big company. :)

What language is it? which wiki?

Heard of MATE?

It may well be an Amazon-only thing, but I think it is Open Source, so
it might live at SourceForge or the like. It is a Java testing engine,
with a crappy wiki engine. Dunno what the hell wiki it is; it may be
home-grown.

In the easiest case you could simply run something like
        system("svn commit... $filename")

This may work, but it may be harder to inject code into the package than it is to treat it like a black box.

This is what I love about Unix; there are at least five ways I could
accomplish this, so I am free to choose the best given my set of
constraints.

Thanks as ever, Mattia!

--
Cheers,