Re: [tlug] WiFi Radar

On 09/07/07, Alvarez <alvarezes@example.com> wrote:

I would like to port WiFi Radar application to FreeBSD, but I need the ins
and outs of porting Linux apps into FreeBSD. Can anyone pitch in some
knowledge? Thank you

Well, the first step is just to do the "./configure && make" dance and see what breaks. Fix the compile errors, and then test the app. Fix the runtime errors and test more. When the app works, it is "ported".

Unix software is usually pretty easy to port from one Unix to another,
because it is usually written in C, which when written The Unix Way,
is reasonably portable.

This app sounds like it might depend on Linux-specific /proc or /dev
filesystem stuff, though, so you might have a harder time finding the
right BSD interfaces to probe.

But start at the beginning, and if you have questions, feel free to
post 'em here.

--
Cheers,
Josh