Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 05/07/07, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

On 7/4/07, Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@example.com> wrote:
> > Social issues are economical ones too, you know.
>
> If fact that is the other way round :)

You beat me to it. Maybe Josh, as a capitalist swine, sees Society as
a subset of economics ;-)

Dude, what's not to love about an invisible hand?

But more seriously, society and economics are closely related. The
science of economics is just one way to model intricate social
systems; as Steve pointed out, the science of philosophy /anthropology
is just another.

Cf. Stephen Hawking towards the end of "The Universe in a Nutshell":

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nutshell-Stephen-William-Hawking/dp/055380202X/

--
Cheers,
Josh