Re: [tlug] [OT] Web hosting recommendations?

Darren Cook wrote:

I'd be interested to hear of any personal recommendations, but also are
there any sites that compare hosting companies and are reasonably impartial?

Darren

P.S. Feature-wise we need SSL, PHP, MySQL, ssh access, multiple ftp/ssh
users, web front-end so we can create email aliases, etc. All standard
stuff. We don't want to be doing our own system administration, apache
configuration, backups, etc.

I've been using Pair Networks (http://www.pair.com/, located in Pittsburgh, PA) for hosting my online dictionaries since 2001, and I've always been quite satisfied with their service and support. I don't MySQL, but I am fairly sure that they support just about everything, with user-friendly setup interfaces (if *I* can set up a site through this, I am sure that any TLUGer can).

Users worldwide search my dictionaries, generating HTML files from XML source using XSL and Perl, and I never have any complaints about speed.

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University