[tlug] Same cron job, different machines

TLUG,

A while back, I had some trouble getting a cron job to execute. Fortunately, the members of this list were able to get me sorted out, as described in this thread:
http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0703/msg00306.html

Having set up my cron job as explained in that thread, it worked perfectly for a while. The shell script I was executing every day got TV schedule information for MythTV.

Then, a little while ago, a friend gave me a second hand computer, which I turned into a dedicated MythTV machine. I installed Ubuntu 6.10 because all indications were that it had more reliable support for my USB sound device. I mention it because this is the only difference that I'm really aware of between the two machines in terms of environment.

Anyway, I thought I'd be home free. I just copied over the shell script, and the cron settings exactly as I had them on the first machine over to the second.

But it just won't fly. I've started and restarted the cron daemon, I've double checked and rechecked the script syntax against what was advised before, I've uninstalled and re-installed the cron related packages with apt-get.

I'm tapped out for ideas on what might be wrong with it.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might try to get it going, or confirm that it is in fact set up properly?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.10