Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

Josh Glover wrote:
On 26/06/07, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:

(btw Konsole rules all other terminal emulators :-)

Why do you say so? I am honestly curious.

I hate myself a little for using gnome-terminal, but it handles i18n
better than any of the other terms I had tried (including mlterm, for
which the sole raison d'etre is multi-lingual stuff), along with tabs,
which are no longer optional for me.
I am not as versed as your self when it comes to il8n or multilingual's but I do not have a problem now with entering Japanese into Konsole. I use Konsole as my irc client VIA screen+irssi and am always pleased with the outcome.

For me the real power is the tabs I know they have them in gnome but they are re-nameable and more configurable. You can monitor for activity/silence. I use silence allot when compiling things on older boxes that are gonna take 20 minutes or so.

In fact, I am wondering why no-one tabs Thunderbird. I often need to be viewing multiple mails at the same time at work, and Alt-Tabbing about is just a PITA.
You know that sounds like the sweeeeeeeeetest idea I have heard in a long time. I know this REALLY COOL guy who ported rikaichan from Firefox to Thunderbird. I will see if I can talk to him about this....
I just hate alt tab too.... I bet he will need some beta testing help and some documentation help so I will try to help him with that...... we will see how it goes from there.

E./