Re: [tlug] Linux Distro Choices [was Re: Denshi Jisho]

On 6/24/07, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:
On Friday 22 June 2007 20:50, Lyle H Saxon wrote:

> Try Kubuntu - same organization basically, but blue instead of
> orange, and no smiling people on the website:
> http://www.kubuntu.org/

This could be the end of the world, folks, I agree with Lyle on
something <g>

Should I say "Ouch!" or "Thank you!"? I'm not sure which! <g>

I would highly recommend Kubuntu. I used to run Debian Unstable
everywhere but now run Kubuntu everywhere instead. It's very nice, and
doesn't use Gnome. Ubuntu does, which is it's one major flaw (speaking
as a former Gnome user who finally came to the point of not being able
to stand it anymore).

Thanks for mentioning the KDE desktop, I meant to but forgot...

Lyle