[tlug] Re: font encoding question

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:
burlingk@example.com writes:
 > > What is insufficiently inclusive about "universal"?
 >
 > I had read somewhere that if you tried to use Chinese, Japanese,
 > and Korean together, that sometimes UTF-8 ran into issues.

No, there are people who have issues.  "ichi" is "ichi" no matter
which language.  The problem that people have is that they want to
visually distinguish text in Japanese from text in Chinese with
different fonts.

I quite agree. The people think the only way to get the glyphs different is to have different code points either miss the point, or are just a little xenophobic.

Jim
--
Jim Breen
Honorary Senior Research Fellow