Re: [tlug] More joy with MMM Mode in XEmacs

On Monday 18 June 2007 18:13:05 Josh Glover wrote:
> Obviously, I want these ^M characters to be actual newlines. Google is
> giving me nothing, and what is irritating the hell out of me is that
> I'm almost positive I've seen this before, but I cannot for the life
> of me remember how to fix it. :(
>
> Anybody have a clew?

I do not use emacs, but here is the vi way to do it:
	:%s/^M/\r/g
Type the ^M part by first pressing Ctrl-V and then the Enter key.  (Note that
this does not work if you are using vim in Windows mode and have Ctrl-V
mapped to paste.)

There are also various command line utilities to do this.  Try searching for
dos2unix.

Cheers, Travis