Re: [tlug] More joy with MMM Mode in XEmacs

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

A picture is worth 1000 words, so see the attached, then read on.

Obviously, I want these ^M characters to be actual newlines. Google is
giving me nothing, and what is irritating the hell out of me is that
I'm almost positive I've seen this before, but I cannot for the life
of me remember how to fix it. :(

If I saw this in an emacs buffer, I would type

C-x RET c mac RET C-x C-v RET

In GNU emacs that's universal-coding-system-argument mac followed by find-alternate-file, which reloads the current file with the Mac coding system, which it appears that this file is.

If that fixed the formatting, and I didn't really want it to be a Mac style file, I would C-x RET f unix RET C-x C-s to write it back out as a Unix file.

It's far too late for me to regard these key sequences as ridiculous and impossible to remember, I have drunk too deeply of the kool-aid.

For what it's worth, I use vi every day too.
--
Tod McQuillin