Re: [tlug] font encoding question

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:51:43PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Brian Chandler writes:
>
>  > But how will you know what the encoding is?
>
> If jcode.pm is a reimplementation in Perl of Ken Lunde's jcode.c
> suite,

Dunno.... although Ken mentions jcode.pl in his "CJKV Information
Processing" tome, he does not mention jcode.c (at least I can't find
it in the index)

BTW the jcode.pl library was superseded by the Jcode.pm perl module
which as of perl 5.8.1 was superseded by the Encode.pm module.

>  it contains utilities for detecting the encoding.

It does...

>  This is easy
> and quite accurate if you know that the language is Japanese.

It is...

Ed