Re: [tlug] Giving a program priority briefly

>> g++ -W -Wall -Wconversion -Wshadow -Werror  -lboost_serialization -O3
>> -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -DNDEBUG -ffast-math -frename-registers
>> -DBOOST_SMART_ASSERT_MODE=0    -o ego_opt2  gtp.cpp main.cpp
>
> Try this with -Os instead of -O3 and see what happens.

-Os gave a 50% slowdown. The difference between macro/local
function/function in base class was then minor (the function in base
class was slightly *quicker* than the others, but I didn't pay attention
to system load or do many tests).

BTW, this is on a 2.8Ghz Celeron. Things might be different on CPUs with
more cache, etc.

Darren