Re: [tlug] displaying executed commands in shell scripts

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Arwyn Hainsworth writes:

> Eh? I thought bash was POSIX-compliant.

Not quite.  You can run the scripts, but there are cases where Bash
gives different results unless POSIXLY_CORRECT=t is in the
environment.

POSIXLY_CORRECT was originally known as POSIX_ME_HARDER, and I agree with rms that he should never have changed it :)

http://www.wlug.org.nz/POSIX_ME_HARDER

--
Tod McQuillin