[tlug] Japanese digital TV

Hi guys,

I have a little problem with some customers from a Japanese
company. They want to know if a hardware we are working on supports AAC
in an MPEG transport stream (TS). I guess that this refers to a Japanese
digital TV format (ISDB?). So we asked them for a sample stream and they send
us a stream with just a PAT, PMT and a PCR (if that means anything to
you), but no actual audio stream. It took them months to even get us
that much.
So, my question is if anyone can provide a TS sample stream from japanese
TV. My guess is that it is HDTV using AAC for audio and H264 for
video, all contained in a TS.

What does that have to do with Linux, you ask. Well, we are working on
the Linux drivers for a HDTV hardware decoder and receiver. Hopefully
it will be released this year, with most of the driver open source.

Regards

Marcus

| mocm@example.com            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|