Re: [tlug] Nice reply by Torvalds

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Michael Engel wrote:

"Linus Torvalds responds to Microsoft patent claims
Surprisingly, it takes him more than one finger.
Source: Information Week"
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199600443

I don't think it's a very good reply. It completely ducks the issue of how to get rid of this whole FUD factor in the first place, which is probably the second major reason MS is doing this. (The first reason would be the hope that they actually could kill free software on patent issues, which I think is probably not likely, but would be a true disaster if they managed it.)

cjs