Re: [tlug] Shocking

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:31:53PM +0900, Tribble Phillip J SrA 374 LRS/LGRTT wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> Please read this article and post your thoughts. This is a right wing
> attack on the Linux OLPC project.
>
> http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2007/03/23/does-the-world-really-nee
> d-olpc.aspx

I'm almost certain that this whole site is simply performance art, the
web version of Andy Kaufman.

For example

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2006/05/03/linux-and-windows-compared-the-facts.aspx

Now, it's possible that Tristran is simply putting one on over Shelley,
but like the late Mr. Kaufman, and Sacha Baron Cohen, the funniest part
is watching people react.

The link above was one--you read it and you think, is he serious or
kidding--then, when I got to the part about bonzi buddy and comet
cursor, I realized, yup, definitely a joke.  He got so absurd that one
suspects he's laughing out loud as he typed.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Giles: It's a trick. They get inside my head, make me see
things I want.
Xander: Then why would they make you see me?
Giles: You're right. Let's go.