Re: [tlug] Sync Google Calendar in local calendar app

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 02:22:03 +0900
"Greg Thomson " <gregt@example.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a way to sync my Google calendar with some kind of
> calendar app running locally. The calendar needs to be available offline.
>
> By sync I mean that changes in the local calendar app show in Google
> calendar and vice versa. i.e. two way sync.
>
> One idea I have is to use GCALDaemon a java based program to poll an
> icalandar file in KDE's Kontact calendar app.
> http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html
>
> I would be interested to hear of alternatives or comments on this approach.

Have you looked at opensync? It was called multisync before.
Looks like it has a google plugin as well:
http://www.opensync.org/wiki/FAQ#GoogleCalendarPlugin
Debian has a package for it named opensync-plugin-google-calendar