[tlug] Can't find the dot character on my keyboard

TLUG,

This is both a small and big issue.

I've got a standard English keyboard. When I type in Japanese, using UIM/Anthy, I can't find this character:

Just in case it's not clear what character I mean, or if it doesn't display correctly, in this graph it's the character in the "a5" position:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-width_kana

I've literally typed every character on my keyboard in both regular and [shift] modes, and can't find it.

Recently it was a problem because I was trying to make a bank transfer online, and couldn't accurately type out the beneficiary's name because it had this character. I had to look it up on the web page above and copy and paste it. Which is clearly silly.

Where is this character supposed to be? Where do you find yours?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft