[tlug] [JOBS] Looking for UNIX SAs (when am I not?)

TLUG,

I like to keep it technical, but as a recruiter, I occasionally work
UNIX SA jobs that may be of interest to the list.

We have a finance client who is looking for a Senior UNIX SA on a
six-month renewable contract.

I have included the responsibilities of the position below; if anyone
is interested, please contact myself and my colleague Fumi for
details.

Mark Makdad - mark.makdad@example.com
Fumi Nakajima - fumi.nakajima@example.com

[Position]
Senior UNIX SA

[Compensation]
75,000~100,000 yen per month (including overtime)

[Position Responsibilities]
- Provide suitable Unix systems' administration support
- Provide a stable, efficient and secure environment (hardware and
operating system) for all workstations and servers
- Interface with business management, Facilities Management
- Interface with the Global Infrastructure Engineering group to
provide feedback for new products and technologies.
- Anticipate problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Provide support in the deployment of new and upgraded applications
on the Unix platform.
- Provide day-to-day Unix technical support for Unix environments.
- Identify opportunities of consolidation and initiate relevant
projects to overall improve the quality of support at reduced cost.
- Work on major Infrastructure projects like Moves, DR and BCP
initiatives and provide support, information and technical assistance.
- Provide trouble-shooting and Root Cause analysis of Unix related issues.
- Develop and publish operational documentation.
- Support other members within the Unix Services Group.
- Provide Unix-related technical assistance to other IT departments.
- Anticipate problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Escalate issues to Unix Services Group management.
- Test and implement Unix-related upgrades
- Provide systems performance monitoring and tuning skills when required.
- Enhance the automation and productivity of the Unix environments supported.
- Interface with third party vendors to resolve Unix-related issues.
- Support the deployment of new and upgraded applications providing
feedback to the relevant application support teams.

Cheers.

Mark