Re: [tlug] Excluding a directory with ncftpput

Sig, Godwin,

Thank you for your responses.

Sig's code worked, but I opted not to use it because it opened a new FTP connection for each file to upload.

Botand's solution probably works, but I was stopped by trying to create the access keys necessary to enable ssh to connect to my web servers.

However it Botand's idea inspired me to a different approach which isn't elegant, but it does work. I create a tar file that excludes all the right directories, then uncompress it in a temporary directory, then upload all the contents from that temporary directory. Not pretty, but it works.

Thanks for all the advice.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft