Re: [tlug] find files and put with ncftp

On 3/7/07, Zev Blut <zb@??> wrote:
Take a look at ncftpput.
If you "man" it you will see one of the options reads the files from
STDIN.

So this should probably work:

"find /home/vuhung/public_html/aoc/aoclife.ddo.jp/recs/aoc-recs/ -type
f -mtime -2 | ncftpput -u"$FTPU" -p"$FTPP" -c $FTPH
~/public_html/aoc/recs/aoc-recs/"
It didn't work, unfortunately.

The man page writes and example:

# The following example shows how to make a backup
# and store it on a remote machine:
$ tar cf - / | ncftpput -c sonic.sega.co.jp /usr/local/backup.tar

in my case, the stdin contains filenames, not contents of the files. I
know I can cat it and then ncftpput, but we lose the file name:

find -options | xargs cat - | ncftput -options remote_host remote_file

how to make remote_file equals to the name of the file it is transfering?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu